Friday, May 8, 2015

In Which the Zoo is Now Underwhelming

April has been really jealous of Kimmy's fun zoo trip last week. "I wish I could stay at the zoo," she moped, shuffling around the house dejectedly.
"Me, too," I agreed.

Every time we told someone about the polar bear leaping at Kimmy, April piped up, "Tell them about how surprised I was when the mustard bottle made that noise!"

So you can imagine how jazzed she was about her kindergarten class taking a field trip to the zoo today. She wrote a list of things she needed to bring or do ("go to school with Kimmy" and "bring a lunch") and she packed her lunch last night so she'd be all ready. This morning before school she was so nervous and excited that she could hardly eat breakfast.

This afternoon when I picked her up after the field trip she showed me her zoo map and told me all about being in a group with the two Kaitlins and talking on the bus.  In the car on the way home I asked her which animals she saw, expecting a long detailed list, but apparently she'd already told me all the pertinent facts.

"Smelly ones," she said bluntly.

So now April remembers that we've been to the zoo, "Like, ten times."

Two Hours Later:
I just asked April what her favorite part of the zoo trip was.
"All it was, was giraffes," she said dismissively.

3 comments:

  1. Last time I went to the zoo, all I could think about was the two Kaitlins too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!!! I'm loving how different your kids are. I love April. Pretty sure she's a girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mustard bottle - hahaha!! Love that one!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you think!